Monday, April 27, 2009

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 Trailer



You've probably seen this by now. And, if you're like me, you've been to the forums and heard the endless bitching and complaining. Hobo Myers? Blaaaaah! Sheri Moon Zombie? Blooooh! Myers without his mask? Bluuuuuh!

Meh.

Okay, I didn't actually like Rob Zombie's Halloween. While I'm not necessarily as dogmatic as the horror orthodoxy, I think the story he told didn't quite fit the the Shape (wokka wokka) of what I expect Halloween to be. I always hesitated joining the howling mob baying for his blood because I LIKE Zombie's enthusiasm for the medium and his willingness to go completely nuts. I hate the weird need horror fans have to tear into creators.

I'm not saying I don't agree with them on some level. I'm not saying there isn't stuff I've seen that makes me wince. But I'll give it a shot. Love 'em or hate 'em, I've never been able to dismiss a Rob Zombie movie.

No comments: